The users who have purchased a premium service from your team can manage their subscription through the Stripe Customer Portal.
The customer portal is a secure, Stripe-hosted page that lets your customers manage their subscriptions and billing details.
The portal provides subscription and billing management features that allow your customers to:
- Update subscriptions, including upgrading and downgrading their subscriptions
- Cancel subscriptions, immediately or at the end of a billing period
- Update payment methods like adding and removing cards
- View billing history and download invoices
To enable the Stripe Customer Portal please navigate to https://dashboard.stripe.com/settings/billing/portal
We suggest to enable to following settings:
- Billing history
- Payment methods
- Cancel subscriptions -> Cancel at end of billing period
⚠️Please make sure to complete all the fields in the Business Information section and fill in your team URL in the Default redirect link or else the portal will not be functional.
Once the portal is configured the premium users will be able to navigate to the portal by clicking on their account preferences.
⚠️ As a team owner, when you are asked by your premium team members on how they can cancel their premium subscriptions you can refer them to this guide: How do I cancel my premium chatroom subscription?